Dr P Ruzicka PhD FRCP
The Alexandra Hospital
Mill Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2PX
Manchester University NHS FT
Trafford General Hospital
Moorside Road, Manchester M41 5SL
What patients say
Cardiologist for Manchester and Cheshire
Dr Ruzicka has weekly private clinics at the Alexandra Hospital. He also undertakes private echocardiograms (heart ultrasound) including transoesophageal echo (TOE), treadmill tests (exercise ECG, ETT), tilt table tests (TTT) coronary angiograms, pacemaker and implantable loop recorder implantations and pacemaker box changes at the Alex.
Dr Ruzicka is a Cardiology Lead at Trafford General Hospital. His sub-specialty interests include heart rhythm, pacing and devices. He has regular echo and TOE lists at Trafford General and coronary angiograms (heart catheterization) and pacemakers at Manchester Royal Infirmary. Dr Ruzicka runs and supervises cardiology, pacemaker and rapid access chest pain clinics at Altrincham and Trafford General Hospital.
- Royal College of Physicians London (RCP London)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
|2014||European Accreditation in Pacing and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators, EHRA|
|2011||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP), RCP London|
|2005||PhD in Cardiology (Transcatheter vs surgical treatment of secundum atrial septal defect)|
|2004||Cardiology Accreditation (cum laude)|
|2000||General Medicine Accreditation|
|1997||Medicine Doctor (MD)|
- Transthoracic echo incl. complex valvular disease (weekly list, approx. 5,000 cases).
- Transoesophageal echo (TOE) incl. contrast and perioperative TOE in valvular surgery (previously 24/7 on-call for TOE emergencies, now weekly list, approx. 1,000 cases).
- Permanent pacing via subclavian and cephalic route (weekly list, approx. 350 cases), implantable loop recorder (ILR) implantation.
- Coronary angiography via radial and femoral route (weekly list, approx. 3,000 cases).